Monday 22 August 2011

LOTS from BHM

I spent pretty much all of the daytime yesterday at Black Hole Marsh. I'll apologise in advance for the onslaught of pics which will soon be in evidence...
Non-bird pics first:
Migrant Hawker

Water Vole


















Now to the birds:
Wood Sandpipers:
+ Dunlin




















Little Egret:
Fishing

Success!

















Greenshank:



Pretty pleased with this one.






















And then this happened..... hmm nice!
Here it comes...

Flying out...

And plop into the water!


















Knot:
Unfortunately this bird had an injured left leg. This did make it easier to get a wings-up shot though as the bird had to flap to keep it's balance when it was walking.


















Sparrowhawk:
Rubbish shots but these birds are good at eluding me and my cameras so I'll post them anyway.

















Kestrel:

Oystercatchers:













Pied Wagtail (juvenile):

















I also spotted two (I'm assuming juvenile) Peregrines Falcons tumbling around in the sky, quite high up. They flew over BHM from Axe Cliffs direction.
Also a big thanks to Alick Simmons who let me stick my camera on the end of his 500mm lens + 1.4x extender combo. The fourth pic down in the Wood Sandpiper section was taken with his lens (wasn't sunny at the time). I already wanted that lens, definitely want one now. My 300mm is too short for wildlife really, although the size is convenient (only big instead of huge). Better get yet another job to fund it then (as well as not instead of)... or win the lottery ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment